We completed our garden beds with the help of the Burys over Memorial Day weekend. Gardening has commenced. We planted eggplant, squash, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe, four types of tomato, basil, sage, bell peppers and hot peppers. I'm about to start a few things from seed for the fall. It sounds kind of silly to be prepping for fall when we just got into our ridiculously hot season, but apparently, now is the time for some things. I'm most excited about the malabar spinach. I hope the seeds work!
This weekend we went to Austin for two celebrations. On Friday we drove in and were able to spend some time with my aunt, uncle and cousins before we headed out to Megan and Joel's wedding. I've known Megan since we were little kids back when we used to have a radio station called MJKL and we taped our own radio show :) It was awesome to see her entire family again and our good friend Lindsay.
That night we didn't get much sleep because we had to be out the door at 7 a.m. for Kyle and Kimbell's high school graduation. I am so proud of them for both graduating in the top 10 of their class. They're off to big things at St. Edward's and UT this fall.
Robert and I took some time Sunday morning to eat at the Magnolia Cafe (gingerbread pancakes!) and stop by a huge organic nursery. This place has its own gardens and it was fun to walk through all of them and get some inspiration. We bought a few plants to bring home and try out since everything they stock is great for the Texas climate.
It's always fun to see friends and family moving on to the next stage in their lives :)
Carnival Breeze Sea Day Fun
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment