Welcome summer...we missed you. This was our first full week of 90+ temps and I'm definitely starting to acclimate. What I can't acclimate to is wearing a full suit outside...time to break out the short sleeve suit jackets and skirts!
May has been the month of meeting goals. I've had a lot of goals for myself at work and I've managed to hit the majority of them. Time to set the bar higher. I love my job, I love my company and I love my boss. Who would've thought that at age 27 I'd have my dream job?
Courtney came in to visit from NYC last weekend. I have missed her so much. She makes such a big impact on our group of friends. She is doing amazing things with Puma right now. I'm really excited that Mark is moving from San Fran to NYC to be with her...and we can't wait to visit so they can show us their city. We're hoping to go later this year.
I haven't been playing in the yard as much this year because I was sick so much but now that summer has hit, it's time to get back to it. This weekend we're having some friends over and we're building raised garden beds. We've already bought our starter plants (it's too late for summer seeds). They're hard at work producing and attracting bugs. Organic gardening is a lot harder than people think..not many alternatives for getting rid of pests. We also got two new hydrangea plants and they are beautiful. They are currently trying out different spots in our yard before they find their permanant homes.
We don't have big Memorial Day weekend plans aside from gardening. Tonight we're headed to the Special Olympics summer games opening ceremonies to accept an award for my company. Then we're going to head out to a date night. I'm hoping to catch lunch with Stace after a memorial service tomorrow morning and then grab some pool time. I'm working on my summer tan so I don't scare people at work with my ghostly white legs. Sunday will be BBQ time and Monday will be filled with relaxation. Life doesn't get much better than this!
Next weekend we're heading down to Austin for a wedding. My twin cousins are also graduating from high school. I'm so incredibly proud of them for graduating numbers 5 and 10 in their class. Amazing! One is going to UT and the other to St. Edwards and both received scholarships. We're going to have a blast on our Austin celebration weekend.
Don't forget to stop and remember those who have lost their lives or livelihood for our country!
Carnival Breeze Sea Day Fun
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment