We had the pleasure of attending the Cliburn Concert Series featuring Yo-Yo Ma and Kathryn Stott last Tuesday. Amazing. Simply amazing. We were given box seats and they were fabulous. As Robert said, “I feel a little bit like Abe Lincoln right now!” We also met with our accountant to have our taxes prepared. Not quite as exciting.
On Saturday we awoke to wicked winter weather. I’m talking rain like you wouldn’t believe. Well, I guess everyone around here could believe it because it has been the story of our lives for the past few months. I heard Dallas got a few inches of snow but we just had a dusting. And I’m totally fine with that. I’m looking forward to the spring temps this week. If Saturday starts looking good, we may have our first garage sale. It is much needed – we have an entire bedroom filled with garage sale items! I'd like to reclaim that space as my own.
And yesterday, we finally broke down and saw Avatar in 3D. And yes, I enjoyed it even though I thought it was going to be lame. James Cameron created a beautiful world that made me wonder, "what happened to my imagination?" And I loved the subtle “save the Earth” undertones in the movie. Caitlin absolutely loved it, too. But we all know she is a tree hugger and a sci-fi nerd ;)
Last night I attempted a Tomato Tart from this month’s food and wine magazine. Like most things with tomato, it’s always best on day two. And I wish I would’ve left it in the oven for about 15 additional minutes because my yellow cherry tomatoes were a little big and they all didn’t roast. I give the recipe two thumbs up for being delicious and fresh. And the pie crust was fun to play with too! I may attempt something else from the magazine next week.

And speaking of food, we’re about to start week two of our chef delivered meals. We LOVED it last week. Everything is portioned correctly and it saved us a good hour in the kitchen every night. Perfect for busy people like us :)


No comments:
Post a Comment