We've been keeping busy lately...here are a few highlights:
I threw a bridal shower for a friend two weeks ago. It was a lot of fun because we got engaged around the same time. She's getting married this weekend!
I went to the Dallas Flea, which was cool but smaller than I expected. The only things I bought were food items but Ashleigh found a few great "vintage" items for her house.
I had my first meal at Nordstroms Bistro and my mouth is still watering for another goat cheese tart. I love great food. Why does America like junk so much?!
Robert bought a new driver and played golf on Saturday with Justin. They got sunburned...welcome spring!
We all went out to dinner Saturday night at Taverna and had a soup incident. I always have to order their soup because it's delish. Saturday night it was butternut squash and our waiter ran into another waiter and splat! Soup was all over the floor. The next day I realized that there was soup splatter all over my black heels and my black purse. Don't judge...the lighting was really dim everywhere we went. :)
We also went to Scat Jazz Lounge to see an organ trio. An organ + jazz = amazing. Who would've thought?
On Sunday we celebrated my brother's birthday. I was excited to try Hoffbrau for the first time. Too bad it turned out to be that junk that America likes to eat. Nothing special.
Last night Robert and I went to see Yo-Yo Ma and Kathryn Stott at the Bass as part of the Cliburn series. The Cliburn series is arguably one of the best in the country, if not the world, and it was a special treat. We were given box seats by one of the board chairs. I hate to say it, but Stott almost outshined Ma if that were possible. She was a total rockstar.
This week Robert and I are trying something new. We've been looking for ways to save time and maximize it to our benefit. We hired a chef we met who owns a catering company to make all of our meals for the week and deliver them on Mondays. So far, so good. We're eating really great, fresh food and we get at the very least an extra hour to spend doing something meaningful every night...whether going to bed early or taking a walk, it's made a big difference! Now if only I could outsource all of my cleaning, laundry and yard work...
And tonight is tax night. We're meeting with our accountant after work. We're hoping for a very small refund and to owe nothing. That is the point, right? We're also going to get advice for filing as a married couple for this tax year.
And that's our little update of what has been happening. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Carnival Breeze Sea Day Fun
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment