On Monday, Robert and I start the wellness program at my work. There is a 10 week education component that we are completing with 900 fellow employees and 200 spouses. They call it education but it's really something like a sugar detox. We don't know all of the details yet but we've heard it's living a healthy lifestyle and concentrating on keeping your blood sugar at a consistent level all day. Hence, we will be dropping most sugar from our diets for a few weeks to reset.

One of the divisions in my company piloted this educational component (or lifestyle change) and on average every participant dropped 20 lbs in 10 weeks. We decided to do this based on those results and based on the feedback that division provided us. They said it is a sustainable lifestyle change and that they feel so much more better.
If you know me well, you know that sugar is my thing. Dessert always comes first and is rarely forgotten. Even fake sugar is welcome in my life (cough, diet coke). This is going to be a HUGE challenge for me and hopefully I make it through feeling a lot better and having more energy (as opposed to being moody and unhappy). Since the wedding I have been slowly changing my eating habits as a move toward this change and I've mentally prepared myself.
So stay tuned to see if I survive the next week! (and if Robert survives a sugar-free Kelly)


No comments:
Post a Comment