Monday, February 15, 2010

The birthday week...

Nope. Not my birthday (although that is coming up).

Our friend Justin likes to celebrate his birthday. And by celebrate, I mean celebrate every day for a week. It was a lot of fun to participate in some of the festivities. On Wednesday, we all went to Japanese Palace and had a fabulous dinner. I love that place. It's a West Fort Worth classic. Highlight: Ashleigh's first time at a Japanese Hibachi. Enough said. (should've brought my video camera)

On Friday we had our Olympic Opening Games party...or our dinner party for the wedding party. Stace and Russ brought Jase (woohoo! The mini half Canadian). We had a birthday cake for Justin. Birthday ice cream cake in celebration of our 14 inches of snow.

Oh, by the way, we got more snow than I've ever seen in my life. I got to shovel snow out of my driveway and shovel my car out of the snow/slush mixture in the street after it got stuck. Yep, I'm sticking to life in Texas. I won't do that much snow again unless I have to. It was the most snow we've ever had in North Texas. Ever.

Back to the birthday festivities...

On Saturday, Ashleigh and I had brunch and pedicures. This was the first weekend in a while that I actually had time to relax! Then we went to Dave and Busters in Arlington for Justin's birthday round three. It was a lot of fun (I love ticket games!!). We skipped out on the boys part afterward and watched our favorite speed skater compete. I get so nervous every time.

On Sunday we had a laundromat experience. Our dryer recently quit and we ordered a new one. The only catch...it doesn't come until Feb. 20. There must have been a run on dryers recently. Robert and I took two weeks worth of laundry to a local laundromat thinking we'd be there all day. Wrong again. It took exactly one hour to wash and dry four loads of laundry. Amazing. I wish all laundry was that easy. I will admit though, I'd rather not have to go to a laundromat every week.

And last night we made dinner together to "celebrate" Valentine's day and caught up on the Olympics. I am obsessed this time of year and slightly annoyed that the news is reporting all of the medals before the events are actually aired. Come on now.

And for Justin...now it's time for MY birthday week!

1 comment:

~Cammy~ said...

Congrats on the wedding!!! So EXCITING!