It's safe to say I made it through an entire week without any sugar and it wasn't too bad. I kept my blood sugar at a consistent level by drinking tons of water laced with a tiny bit of orange juice throughout the day. Yes, I know OJ has sugar but a tiny bit of OJ is encouraged on this wellness program. It also helped that the Olympics were on every night and acted as a great distraction from even thinking about what I was doing.
I was definitely tempted many times. I put together wedding shower favors that included chocolate (too easy!), bread pudding at my favorite antique mall tea room (my mom ate it) and pecan pie right in front of my face at the state of the city luncheon (pass!). But I used my newfound willpower and moved on with out any of my favorite treats. So far success! We'll see how this next week goes.
In other news, the Olympics are ending at the perfect time. Next weekend is going to be the perfect weekend to start my annual gardening ritual. I went to the garden show in Arlington and found some great contractors to possibly do some hardscaping later this year. I'm sad to see my favorite sports go away for four years (come on, they don't play that stuff on TV in the US). Let the countdown to Sochi begin!
Carnival Breeze Sea Day Fun
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment