That night, we went to Ashleigh’s Halloween party. Robert and I went as Fred and Wilma. I think I will forgo a costume with a wig next year. It was pretty hot and itchy. It was fun to see everyone’s costumes and hang out. Ashleigh did an amazing job with her black and white table. I wish I had taken a picture of it!

On Saturday I flew down to Houston for my friend Jen’s bridal shower. Jen is my bestie from grad school. We spent a lot of our downtime together and perhaps the only nutritious meals I ate during grad school were at her house. Her mom would make her fabulous homemade roasted chicken and freeze it for us. So good. Anyway, back to the shower…
I love Jen’s bridesmaids. I have met them before and they did a great job – I could tell Jen had a wonderful time and didn’t have to worry about a thing. Good thing, too, since she broke her foot last week! She’ll be on crutches until the wedding. I loved the games they came up with (finally, creative and unembarassing games!). They put together a suitcase and we all had to guess which items Jen was bringing on her honeymoon to Tahiti. This game was hilarious because of the random things in there…so Jen! It wasn’t easy to guess either.
Her wedding will mostly be white but she has a small amount of Tiffany blue so they did a “Jennifer & Co.” theme for the shower. Her maid of honor even made a Tiffany’s cake complete with fondant. I wish I had her cake decorating skills! She could seriously open her own bakery. It has been so much fun to plan my wedding at the same time Jen has been planning hers. We love to talk about what we’re both doing and it’s always funny when we end up picking some of the same things. We vowed to start visiting more after our weddings when we’ll have a little more down time :)
Yesterday Robert and I helped my dad fix his router and then went tux/suit shopping. We also did some tie shopping and ended up on the phone with the Macy’s in Harold Square to order something special for the groomsmen and ushers. We had a lot of fun checking a few things off our list. We also finished up some wedding ring comparisons and took Jack to the dog park.
Definitely a whirlwind weekend and definitely a lot of fun. My work weeks are about to get much more hectic until late spring (and you people already thought I was crazy busy…just wait).


2 comments:
cute costumes!
Hope you have a GREAT bridal shower this weekend, you are so thoughtful and kind to do so much for your friends and family - this time it gets to be about YOU!
Wish I could be there, but we'll definitely see you @ the wedding! :)
Thanks Jae! Hope you're doing well and so happy that you passed the boards!! :)
Post a Comment