Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Let the countdown begin...

It’s hard to believe that in less than two months, Robert and I will be married! The engagement has flown by and as we get closer, we’re both feeling ready to get to the big day!

Work has geared up for the season and become extremely busy. Working 10-12 hour days will be the norm for me for a while. I’m earning my paycheck for sure.

The past week was no exception but I was able to throw in a little fun. We had our hair and makeup trial run with Haute Façade in Dallas. We were the first clients to experience their new studio in the Glass House. Very chic.

Since I’d already been through their hair and makeup routine, nothing really fazed me. It was interesting to watch how each bridesmaid reacted to their makeup. It’s hard to see yourself up close wearing so much makeup but it always looks fabulous in pictures!


Saturday was the bridal shower and my bridesmaids did a wonderful job. I’m the type of person who likes to be behind the scenes so being the center of attention was a little out of the ordinary for me. Everyone raved about the food, which was centered on my favorite things down to the asparagus soup and the green tea lemonade.

The games were hilarious and even involved Robert – loved it! Thanks to the video they created, we now have something we can hold on to forever. It will be fun to watch it 10 years from now.





That night I went out to Times Ten Cellar with Elisha and Courtney. We did a wine flight and it was so good (and the bartenders were fun!). I will definitely be going back there again soon.

Robert also had his bachelor party that night. Poker and pub crawl…he definitely had a blast.

On Sunday I threw up the Christmas tree in record time and started doing a little organizing. We are in desperate need of a garage sale. We may attempt one in December when we have a free weekend since our neighborhood association dropped the ball on a fall garage sale (technically, we’re not supposed to have them without the association). We just have so much STUFF. We’re also attempting Christmas lights on the house this year. A little ambitious for a couple getting married right after the holidays. We’ll let you know how that goes.

And, fair readers, that is it for now.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Seriously, we're not supposed to have garage sales? I thought as long as we got a permit from Fort Worth that we were good? Our dumb HOA... WHATEVER! :-)

Love reading your posts! :-)