Monday, October 19, 2009

Where, oh, where have you been?

Where has Kelly been?

Planning an awesome baby shower, that's where. The baby shower was for my dear friend Stacey and baby Jason, who will arrive some time around Christmas Eve. The shower was hosted by seven amazing women and was so much fun to work on. A nice break from wedding planning!

We created the invites in blue and orange with inspiration from a bottle of aqua panna. You really can find inspiration in every day life. They were flat cards with rounded edges, with a ribbon tied around them. We wrapped them in white tissue and put them in a craft paper brown box that was filled with yummy blue sour balls. On the outside, we adhered a cute sticker. They were so much fun to make!





Being the planner I am, I created a ridiculous assignment sheet for our hostess group. I have to admit, I did let go of my control freak personality a little and resisted planning a minute-by-minute timeline for the event. I'm learning. The assignment sheet was great because it gave everyone a job and a purpose during the special day.

I was so happy that Stacey's mom was able to make it in from Portland and that her sister was able to fly in from Canada. What a special memory for Stace.

And here is a photo preview of the event (photo credits go to Kristin!). There will be more photos from fabulous Ashleigh soon.

The guest book and gift table.

Our guestbook had prompts for each guest like,
"I hope you inherit your mother's..." or "I found out your mother was pregnant..."



We set up tables and chairs for the brunch.




Can't forget the food shot. Everyone brought such yummy things.


And finally, what dessert table would be complete without a diaper cake
filled with champagne, cheesecake lollipops and Sprinkles cupcakes?
I am still wedding planning. I'm just in invitation limbo right now. Working on the final address list for the calligrapher and running through some detail things. It's getting close and Robert and I are so excited :)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

An awesome baby shower INDEED! It was so beautiful! You are such a talented and amazing event planner. :-) Thank you for spoiling me and Jason!!!