Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sick and tired of being sick and tired...

I had a really laid back week. I've been sick with acute bronchitis and an upper respiratory infection for a few weeks now and it really hit me hard Sunday/Monday last week. So I decided to just chill out after work every day. I'm talking take a nap, go to bed early, catch up on DVR shows, etc. Anything but work. I will admit that I did spend some time pulling weeds one evening - I couldn't resist the nice weather. Don't tell Robert.
On Saturday I joined about 300 employees from my company at Maverick Stadium in Arlington for Special Olympics. I feel so blessed to work for such a giving company - not only does the company give but the employees do too. Stacey, Ashleigh, Samantha and her mom Patsy joined us and we had the best volunteer job: hugger! What an uplifting experience.


Saturday evening I was beat so Robert and I napped on the hammock (he played golf all day) and then I did a little shopping.

Today we took Jack and Molly to the dog park. Molly actually ran around! It's a total breakthrough. She's always such a diva and doesn't usually like to walk on the grass. Then we went to see my dad and grandma and did the usual Sunday grocery shopping. Tonight we went to Winslow's Wine Cafe on Camp Bowie for Grant and Candice's wedding reception (they got married April 1). It's such a neat little restaurant and the food was delicious (wine too!). They had a great fireplace and fire pit outside.

Now it's back to the grind - work is going to be super busy until June (lots of deadlines coming up!).

No comments: