Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lost shaker of salt...

On Saturday Robert and I had the distinct privilege of being guests at the Lynn Creek Yacht Club parking lot party at the Jimmy Buffett concert. If you have never been to a Buffett concert before, you need to go. The parking lot parties start in the morning and stretch a mile or more long. People line up tents and RVs, cook food, make margaritas and play games. The best part is that people share. We ate (and drank) for free.


The LCYC tent was next to a pile of sand, which they converted into a land shark beach.
Everyone dressed up. There was a “lost shaker of salt,” tons of pirates, parrot heads, sharks, cheeseburgers [in paradise] and even dogs dressed as sharks. The concert itself was awesome. Laid back…lots of dancing. A sea of people wearing shark fins on their heads walking around and more beach balls than I’ve ever seen in my life. It’s not only an experience, it’s a culture.



On Sunday we worked on wedding stuff, lunched at Blue Mesa on the patio and enjoyed the hammock. Jack loves to roll in the grass – he is such a boy.


Molly is so chill. She loves the hammock because she doesn’t have to touch the grass. What a diva.


And I have been sidelined with a viral upper respiratory infection and viral bronchitis. I finally broke down and called my doctor. :( Now I have to rest.

No comments: