Monday, April 13, 2009

Hopping down the bunny trail...

It was really nice to have Good Friday off this year. Not only did I have some time to reflect before Easter, I also had time to get some wedding things done. Robert had to work a half-day (it was his birthday!) and then spent the afternoon playing a round of golf with his friend Lon. I went with my mom, Robert's mom and Caitlin to order my wedding dress. I'm so happy that that part is done for now. It will come in in August! Mom and I also picked up the final proof of the save-the-dates. They turned out super cute. I'm hoping to get them out next Monday if they get them done in time. I also officially booked our band.

After that, we went to Brownstone village to shop and have lunch and then Caitlin and I went to Green's to do some birthday shopping for Robert. We put together an herb and pepper garden for the patio. This summer he'll be able to cook with fresh cilantro, rosemary and about 10 different kinds of hot peppers.


Caitlin spent the night and we went to Purple Cow to get purple vanilla milkshakes. mmmmm.


On Saturday, Robert and I spent most of the day getting ready for his birthday party. He did find some time to take Jack to the dog park though :) His party was a lot of fun. We grilled burgers, ate wasabi coleslaw, tomato, basil and mozzerella pasta salad, fruit salad and to top it off we had a lemon cake with raspberry filling. mmmmmm again. (we even had vegetarian meals for Elisa and Courtney!)


We had an awesome crowd of our nearest and dearest and we definitely used the patio furniture out back. Awesome investment. We played Scene It on the Xbox for a while and then watched everyone's favorite YouTube videos on our AppleTV. Definitely hilarious - how do people find this stuff? I even made everyone a little Easter basket. I knew our friends were illiterate. We said "no presents please" but everyone brought Robert a gift.



At midnight, Elisha was allowed to have sweets again (she gave them up for Lent) so we celebrated with a slice of cake!



Yesterday was my dad's birthday and Robert's mom's birthday so we went to visit my dad and grandma and celebrate with them. Then we went to Robert's parent's house and had Easter dinner. mmmmmm again. Too much good food this weekend. I will be glad to see the gym tonight.

No comments: