Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Holy jello molds! It's a wedding!

I'm kind of delayed on my posting here. It's been a crazy couple of days. Well, when is it not crazy?

I'm going back in time to last Wednesday, April Fool's Day. I had two friends getting married - one in sunny Mexico and one in beautiful Granbury. Robert and I made our way down to Granbury for the surprise of the century for this family. Candice and Grant decided to surprise their parents with a wedding. That takes guts and a steel trap. They told their parents they were getting married in Puerto Rico that weekend and that they were having a "non-rehearsal" rehearsal dinner in Granbury Wednesday night.

Robert and I got to Stringfellow's on the Square and peeked at the courtyard where they were going to have the ceremony - simple and beautiful. Grant got there and seemed a little nervous (I would be too if I had lied to my mom!). Robert and Grant have known each other since childhood - tres cute.


We played our part with the siblings in the front of the restaurant, acting like Grant and Candice were late and sitting down to "dinner." Then the owner of the restaurant played her part and told us that she set up some food outside while we wait for the happy couple.


As we walked outside, the moms realized what was going on and screamed and cried. Grant's dad was clueless until someone spelled it out. We sat down, Candice's dad walked her through the gate and "down the aisle" and it was a wedding!




I don't think I'd ever have the guts to do something like that. Grant's dad told us that his mom had been going into the closet for days and just weeping because she wasn't going to get to see her son get married. Candice's mom had secretly booked tickets to go to Puerto Rico. Crazy stuff I tell you.

Earlier that day, Robert and I finally purchased patio furniture. We've had two wicker chairs and a glass table for years but that glass table bit the dust in some severe weather last year. Watch out for glass if you ever dig in the dirt on the East side of my house! (it's safety glass)

It was really comical to see them bring out these three HUGE boxes containing six chairs and a big table. Robert made a face that said "ohmygoshi'mgoingtohavetomakethatfitinthecar." I love my 4runner, I really do, but it couldn't accomodate everything at once. We had to make two trips to get it all home. Justin came over on Sunday and helped us set everything up. It'll be nice to have some seating outside for entertaining.


On Friday we arranged for our Fort Worth employees to work on a Habitat restore house. You've never done Habitat until you've done it with our company. Our guys were awesome - who builds French drains for a house in Como? We do! It was a lot of fun and we're going to adopt the homeowner's yard for the summer.


On Saturday, Robert bought a new car. We've become a Toyota family because he got a Camry. I'll post pictures soon - it's really nice!

No comments: