I still love my job and I know I will continue to love it. I'm constantly challenged and I am surrounded by great mentors who are teaching me so much.
So onto the whole engagement story :)
Robert told me to pack an overnight bag on Friday. We went to the new Omni Fort Worth Hotel. I've been raving about this hotel since it opened two weeks ago. It has been called Fort Worth's "living room." It's by far the largest and most luxurious hotel in Fort Worth now. It has a Fort Worth charm.
Anyway, we arrived to our room on the top floor of the hotel with a fabulous view of surrounding skyline. I took Robert on a tour of the hotel (since I've already been on two) and then we headed down to Bob's Steak and Chop House for dinner. We are foodies so this was a special treat. I have to say that their filet was one of the best I've ever had.
After that we headed back up to the room to marvel at the skyline after sunset. Fort Worth is such a beautiful place. It was then that Robert made his proposal (and a very sweet one at that). I said yes!
After that we made our phone calls and texts to family and friends, attempted to take pictures with the automatic timer (there wasn't a high enough surface to put the camera on!) and enjoyed a slice of Texas-style pecan cheesecake for dessert.
After we work out a few details this week, we should have a date set for this fall! We're both so excited to start this new chapter of our life together and we're so thankful for the support we've had from our family and friends.


1 comment:
aww, congratulations kelly! I'm so happy for you guys. :)
Post a Comment