Santa was very good to us this year. We awoke on Christmas to find lots of toys under the tree…a new Xbox 360 with all of the trimmings, AppleTV, an ipod touch, a GPS, a Bluetooth headset for my Blackberry, lots of spa gift certificates, etc. But the best part was being with family over the holidays. The anniversary of Grandpa’s passing is creeping up and there were a lot of little things that reminded me of him. The biggest thing was our tree, which used to be Grandpa’s Christmas tree. We put it up and decorated it with a lot of love. We also put out all of his nutcrackers and plan on collecting more from Germany in his honor. He is very missed.

Now we’re looking ahead to 2009 and saying goodbye to a wonderful year. It started out a little bumpy but got better and better. A year in which I visit Florida 5 times can’t be that bad. Robert and I both moved up in the working world to great companies and we brought home our wonderful new puppy Jack.

As his personality continues to develop, he becomes more and more a part of our family. It was hard for Molly to accept another dog in the house but now they are getting along famously. Jack is very cuddly – he melts in your arms and really shows true love for us. He has his puppy moments – like pulling out one of my pencil bushes from the garden and dragging it around the yard like a big stick – but they are all a part of learning and growing. He’s lucky I’m super patient.

Robert and I have set some big goals for 2009. By the end of the year he will be walking across that stage and will officially have his Masters on time!
So long, 2008!


1 comment:
hey you! did I know you had this blog?! I didn't think so. {I actually saw your header from kelly, over at fabulous-k's, page}Of course, I love seeing you on here too! Hope you had a great holiday, count me in as a follower.
Post a Comment