Monday, July 28, 2008

Expanding the Family and other tales...

Robert and I found out that we're getting a new puppy soon. It's a "Snorkie" (Mini Schnauzer/Yorkshire Terrier for those not in the know). We've been entertaining the idea of getting another dog for a while. Robert has even visited a few shelters around town. It's not that we want to replace Molly. We really want her to have another dog to pal around with. We adore my mom's dog, Cookie, a Havanese with an incredibly loving disposition. She and Molly get along so well.


As I was looking around Petfinder a few weeks ago, I put in Yorkie just for kicks. Usually they're all older and aren't friendly to animals and small children. There were eight puppies at Fuzzy Friends, an animal shelter I volunteered at in Waco. Robert and I thought they looked adorable and we put in an application. Two weeks later, we get a call and we get second pick! It's exciting. Luckily, it'll be about a month before we actually pick up our new puppy. That will give us some time to prepare. We'll definitely be doing training classes with both dogs.
Robert and I also finished a key project in our house this weekend. It was such a small project but it has made a big difference. We have bought a lot of new furiture over the past few months and our light green wall just wasn't jiving with everything else. Now we just need curtains and a few art pieces and we'll be done for now. (Yeah right!)


No comments: