Saturday, February 7, 2009

Days go by...

January has come and gone fast. 2009 is shaping up to be a quick year!

What's new in our lives? Mostly the same old routine. Robert is going to class three nights a week and of course working full-time. Poor guy was sick this week with the stuff everyone is getting (fever, sore throat, etc).

I've been working hard and going to the gym almost every night. It's amazing that I now crave my workouts! Stacey and I tried the yoga class on Tuesday - it's harder than it looks. My trainer said we were doing some of the advanced positions. That makes more sense now.

Next week is going to be crazy - I'll be in Austin, Hillsboro, Dallas and Cleburne for work. I love it and I can't wait to go down for the legislative session!

Yes, wedding planning has commenced - slowly. We've booked a chapel but haven't formally announced the date yet. We're working on the contract for a reception site right now. We're also asking our nearest and dearest to formally be a part of our special day. After that, we'll have a date! (...and we're already working on the honeymoon - two weeks of adventure if Robert can swing the class schedule...)

Jack's newest favorite pastime is going to Fort Woof, our local dog park. He loves to play with his best friends Freddy and Avery. We went this morning and the poor guy is tuckered out. Molly thinks she is too good for the dog park! It's hilarious to watch the dogs chase each other. Jack is the unofficial greeter. He likes to go to the gate and welcome every new dog with a wagging tail. He may run for Mayor of Fort Woof next year if he keeps that up.

Robert and I did yard work today. I worked in our back yard garden (soil amending, trellis installing, pruning, cleaning out the bed, etc) and he worked on the lawn. Much better. I can't wait for the official start of spring. Our tulips are already coming up out front and our jasmine is already blooming out back. I think this wonderful "winter" weather has our plants confused. I'll take 75 degrees and sunny over 40 degrees any day!

Tonight I'm catching up on my DVR'd shows. I love nights where I have absolutely nothing to do!

No comments: