This week has been a whirlwind. My poor office misses me.
On Tuesday I left with our Leadership Cleburne class to go to Austin through Wednesday. It was a fun trip complete with an introduction in the House. Our Sen. was filling in for the Lt. Gov. and making good use of the gavel! Our Rep. and Sen. for Johnson County stopped by for lunch with us and then we spent the afternoon enjoying some of the history the city has to offer. Austin is a very unique Texas town filled with very unique people. I'll just leave it at that.

After a very cliche Texas dinner (steak and margaritas), we went out to the one place you just can't miss when visiting Austin - 6th Street. We had a lot of fun and that's probably part of the reason I'm really exhausted today. On Wednesday we did a little more touring (Texas State Cemetary and the Bob Bullock Museum). I recommend the Texas Spirit movie. It comes complete with special effects that include a snake bite, grasshoppers, hurricanes and more. Oh, Texas. I'd also like to recommend lunch at Serrano's (downtown) on the patio. Perfection.
I think the best parts were the social time we had on the way down and the way back. We have an awesome class full of fun people. One of my favorite parts included explaining MySpace and Facebook to some of our older class members. "OK, so I'm going to Google your MySpace and MySpace your Facebook?"It was such a joy to pick up my puppies from The Grand Pet Resort after I spent the first half of my day in Dallas for work. They were so excited to see me. It felt really weird going to bed last night without telling them goodnight. I felt empty without them! There will definitely be some serious games of fetch happening and lots of belly rubs tonight when I get home from work (I'm trying to catch up on everything from this week!).
Check back next week for some exciting wedding news!


No comments:
Post a Comment