So this year, we came up with the Kindle, Amazon's wireless reading device. It's perfect because my mom loves to read and loves to travel. She hates the bulkiness of books in luggage and loves technology. So I went ahead and ordered it for Caitlin to give to mom on Christmas.

Fast forward to yesterday when we were all in the car waiting for the final meeting with the florist. "Guess what I got myself from Tom?" mom asked. "What?" Caitlin and I reply. "A Kindle! And I've already taken it out and downloaded some books!"
Caitlin and I had to pick our jaws up from the floor. I was totally furious that she had bought herself a gift this close to Christmas. I know she felt really bad. What makes it worse is that her birthday is January 4 and we had tied her birthday gifts into the Kindle gift from Caitlin...a nice leather cover and a gift card for books. Guess what? She has already ordered herself the leather cover. Nice. Now we have two additional gifts to find in very little time.
And now, a mere two days before Christmas, it's too late to take the Kindle back and get something else. I've found a replacement present for Caitlin to give her but it's not nearly as sweet as the Kindle.
And now I have a Kindle for my honeymoon. Definitely not something I anticipated but I'll take the windfall. My mom will be on embargo next year in the month of December!


No comments:
Post a Comment