Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas "wrap" up

This Christmas turned out to be a little unexpected. The forecasters predicted a little rain Christmas Eve...a cold front...a chance of snow to the North...but they did not predict our little Christmas Eve "blizzard." I only say blizzard because that's what they're calling it due to our 50 mph winds. Measured in my back yard after all was said and done was about 3 inches of snow.

We thought it would be a quick snowfall, turning to sleet, so Caitlin and I ran outside to play a little. Robert was pretty unexcited since he grew up around snow. By Christmas Eve evening, everything was iced and the roads were pretty dangerous. Robert's brother ended up at our house, unable to get to his mom's. Justin couldn't make it down 377 to his parent's house in Granbury and ended up at our house too. There was no room in our Inn on Christmas Eve. We made the best of it and watched a movie.



Christmas morning was a little different this year. A white Christmas! But as per usual, everything was paralyzed so we got off to a late start. It was handy having Calvin and Justin there to set up my new TV. I'm very excited to have two great flat screens so I can watch movies in my room when the guys are over. Robert is now officially up with technology with his new iPhone.

My step-brother is visiting from culinary school in New York and cooked us a gourmet Christmas meal. So delicious. Then I had Christmas at the Paclebs that evening. It's always a lot of fun visiting with all of Robert's aunts. We were definitely blessed with gifts this year. I'm very disappointed that I didn't take my camera out at all after our little blizzard or during our Christmas. I feel like everything was pretty rushed this year.

On Saturday my mom and I went to Target and Babies'R'Us and loaded up on clothing and other items for the new addition to our family. Candice and Ken not only had a baby girl in September, but they also adopted their nephew who was born two weeks before their baby was. They officially got him Christmas Eve...what an awesome Christmas present. Mom and I went over to see baby Evan and give him an impromptu baby shower. He is adorable and has a little 'fro going. He is definitely a happy boy because he smiled all afternoon. Except when we were snapping pictures! It was really precious to see his new sister Victoria reaching out for him so soon.

And today was Christmas at my Grandma's. She is the most amazing cook and I always enjoy her creations. I also love seeing my cousins...they're hilarious and so much fun to be around.

Robert has come down with whatever crud I had and Ashleigh and Justin have. Poor guy is asleep on the floor right now. Tonight we started putting together the wedding favors. I can't wait to finish them this week. I need a little craft to keep my sanity in check.

In less than two weeks we'll be Mr. & Mrs.!

No comments: