Monday, November 30, 2009

Youth is like a diamond in the sun...

My week in paradise was nice but now it is back to the daily grind and the final countdown to the wedding.

My third trip to the British Virgin Islands was a blast, as always. We took out a catamaran again and did some good old sailing around the islands, visiting familiar and unfamiliar beaches. We saw a ton of wildlife this time of year…everything from starfish to Hawksbill turtles, mongoose (mongeese?), dolphins, stingrays and more.



Mom is getting to know more and more local people and it’s always fun hanging out with new friends. De Loose Mongoose prepared a Thanksgiving dinner for us complete with turkey shipped in. Not too bad for a “cold” holiday. I love going back and I hope I’ll have more chances to return in the future.

It was difficult coming back to a fresh cold front and rain. Even more difficult is the huge list of things to get done before the end of December for work, the wedding and the holidays.

I have to say, I am looking forward to our honeymoon where we’ll be able to relax, have a few adventures and decompress after all of this madness. I'm also looking forward to what next year will bring...we have a few things in store already!

No comments: