In late July, I went back to the U.S. and British Virgin Islands with my friends Ashleigh and Stacey and my mom. We had a fabulous week visiting beaches and making new friends. Ashleigh definitely made the most new friends.
we travel as "the cupcakes."

Our trip to Anegada gave us fabulous sun...
All of us had great tans by the end of the trip!
The day after we got back, we went to Candice's baby shower. She's having a little girl later this month. Candice is so cute!

Later that week we went with a big group to Babe's in Burleson. If you know Babe's, you know it's an awesome place to eat. But to make it even better, Stacey and Russ were revealing the sex of their baby! It was so creative...they had the sonogram technician seal the result in an envelope. They gave it to the waitresses and said if it's a boy to put the biscuits down first and if it's a girl, the salad.
Drum roll please...it's a boy! I know everyone is excited to meet baby Jason around Christmas Eve! Now we're busy planning Stacey's baby shower.
Robert finished his summer finals around the time we got back from our trip. He just started his last semester. It's so exciting that he'll be done with his masters right before Christmas!
For Labor Day, we had planned a camping trip to Lake Ouachita in Arkansas with Kevin and Elisha. The last week provided a little drama and we didn't get to go. Jack got a hold of a safety pin from one of my dry cleaning tags and swallowed it - open - unbeknownst to us. He threw up for three days straight and and wouldn't eat so I took him to the vet. I thought he maybe had a stomach bug and I'd be laying out hundreds of dollars without ever finding out what was wrong. I was wrong! After an x-ray, Jack was rushed into emergency surgery to remove the safety pin, which had traveled down to his intestines.
It was terrifying. All I could think was, "what if he doesn't make it through the surgery?" He made it through like a trooper! The pin had preforated in three places but only tiny spots. The doctor was able to remove the pin and give him stitches. We couldn't go camping because someone needed to be with him the first few days all the time. He has to wear a c collar for at least 7 days and is taking 5 different types of medicine. He's doing really well and even though we were bummed about the camping trip, we're just glad we still have Jack! And our $2,000 safety pin.
I've taken advantage of all of this downtime this weekend to catch up on a few things. I've been organizing stuff in our house. We're down to the details on wedding planning now so it's been nice to get a few things squared away. Today we were trying to decide honeymoon things. Quite possibly an entire year of celebrating!
And I think that brings everything back up to speed...for now.


No comments:
Post a Comment