Another whirlwind weekend in the books.
Friday was supposed to be my 24-hour day at work because of Relay For Life, an overnight fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, in Hillsboro. Severe weather came in and we had to call it. It was pretty hairy trying to get hundreds of people evacuated in pitch dark but I really enjoyed serving on the committee. I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed getting home at midnight instead of 7 a.m. and getting a little sleep. We did break the fundraising record even though the event was cut short!
Meanwhile, Caitlin and Robert were bowling, watching Star Trek and being mall rats. Kind of jealous that I didn't get to see Star Trek.
On Saturday we started the day with pancakes (a must when Caitlin spends the weekend with us!) and went to Dallas to do a little mother's day shopping. Caitlin did a little shopping at Urban Outfitters and American Apparel at Mockingbird Station, we found super cute stuff at Swoozie's and made the obligatory stop at Sprinkles to get mom the "mom" box of cupcakes. My favorite gift that we found for mom was the flip flop fly swatter for her boat. A flip flop on a stick - very cute.
After taking afternoon naps we drove out to Addison for Taste Addison. We enjoyed delicious food and gelato and watched Bowling for Soup and a little Foreigner. Even when it started raining.

Today we woke up super early to get a little yard work in. Our grass has turned super green and is growing like crazy. I edged last week and it needed it again this week. Unfortunately, I think we're going to need to install french drains into the back yard next year and do a little resodding. Fortunately, the front yard looks fabulous.
The downside to having a cordless, battery-powered mower means that sometimes it just runs out of charge and your lawn has a faux-hawk. But hey, we're being Earth-friendly (and we recharged and finished it before going to grandma's!).
We visited my dad and grandma and she loved her candied apricots. Then we took Caitlin home and visited my mom. We gave her all of her boat gifts. Then we ran back to Fort Worth for an early dinner at Silver Fox with Robert's parents. They had a special mother's day menu - asparagus soup, III Forks salad, Chateaubriand with potatoes, cream corn and sugar snap peas, Texas pecan cake....mmmmm. Delish. And we're both so full - we won't need to eat for the next 24-hours!
Now I'm sitting here wishing I had another two days to recover from this weekend. I am looking forward to next weekend - nothing on the calendar and I'm trying to keep it that way!

Jack is in love with his tennis ball. He gets up in the morning and tosses it around the bedroom while I get ready. Without fail it rolls under the bed to a spot he can't reach so he lays down on his side, sticks his head underneath the bed and just stares at it until someone retrieves it for him.


1 comment:
Okay, love the pic of Jack! I'm obsessed with III Forks salad, although I probably have it once every three years and I love that you have a battery operated lawn mower! Ha! How did I not know that?!
Post a Comment