Sunday, May 17, 2009

Very lazy weekend...

How about a picture-less update?

I had a fabulous week even though we're still crazy busy at work. I found out that I will be going to the U.S. and British Virgin Islands again in July. I have been dreaming about going back since I went in 2007. I've been all over the Caribbean but the BVIs are the most beautiful, unspoiled islands I've ever seen. Paradise. I'm also stoked that I'll get my super tan back.

I also finally mailed *most* of the save the dates. I have been agonizing over the guest list because our space is so limited. It was a pain to find a post office that would hand-cancel them and luckily Ashleigh has a few connections in her fair city :)

Friday night Robert and I went to look at wedding rings. I found the perfect one almost instantly (I'm pretty simple). Robert wasn't so lucky. He tried on everything from what I call the "superbowl ring" to the plainest of rings. I think he wants a really simple ring too but he's not sure what size yet. Then I convinced him to watch Twilight. I'm going through withdrawal and he's a good sport. I was filling in all of the holes for him with scenes from the book as we watched it. I think I was just really annoying.

Saturday I slept in. The first time in forever! I was so happy to have nothing on my calendar this weekend. I spent most of the day doing spring cleaning. Believe it or not, cleaning is relaxing for me. I feel stressed if the house is messy. Robert taught a sailing class at Cabela's with his dad. Then we had dinner on the patio at Rio Mambo, went shopping and picked up some ice cream from Marble Slab. A really sweet treat...

Sunday is pancake day so I made nutella pancakes....mmmm. I also made blueberry mango smoothies. Then we did the usual and went to visit my dad and grandma, got my car detailed, ate a late lunch/early dinner at Mi Cocina, made a PetsMart and grocery store stop and did yard work. Our grass is growing like crazy this year. I think the most we had to mow it last year was once every two weeks. Right now we're mowing and edging every week. I guess that's a good thing.

We also cleaned all of the grass out of the flower beds. I call them creepers...the grass that grows underground to colonize new areas. It's very time-intensive to clean out but it looks so much better. I also noticed a big sold sign on the house a lot over - so happy to get neighbors on that side. Now someone just needs to build right next to us and behind us.

Jack has a new bone and is heaven. He also ate Molly's bone so now she's mad. Survival of the "biggest" [dog] in our house.

This week should be awesome - Robert is on break in between spring and summer semesters. He's taking a few biz school classes this summer as electives so it'll be a nice change of pace from PA. We both have some fun things in the works for next weekend. Can't wait!

No comments: