Thursday was Night at the Ballpark at my work. Stacey, my awesome co-worker, planned the event and it went off without a hitch. One of our nurses sang the national anthem, a patient threw out the first pitch and several employees were honored on-field. After that was complete, we joined Russ and Robert at our seats and had our obligatory hot dogs. I realized that Robert and I haven't been attending Rangers games in the same frequency as last year. I think part of it is that my sister has had such a crazy schedule this summer. She's been in Florida, Oregon, etc. That needs to change.
Yesterday, we went to the Parker County Peach Festival in Weatherford. We decided that since we live in far west Fort Worth and Weatherford is a 15 minute drive west, we might as well stop by for a while. We went early and picked up some of the famous peaches, enjoyed a peach julep and browsed antique stores and craft booths. It was hot but it was fun. After that, we went to see Hancock and had dinner on University. Our original plan was to enjoy some Pho from Sonny's Diner. They've changed their hours and aren't open for dinner on the weekends anymore. I was so disappointed. We're going to plan for that another weekend.
Today we lounged by the pool. What an awesome weekend.
Some big changes are coming. I have to wait until it's official before I write about it on here - I'm excited and I know Robert is as well.
Carnival Breeze Sea Day Fun
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment