How do you even begin to write a blog about a wedding? I don’t think it’s fair because my perspective is probably very different from other perspectives. I’ve decided to try to write down a few memories and post pictures later. The memories come back sporadically because it truly was a whirlwind. Please post comments of anything fun you remember that I might have missed.
It was a wonderful event. I started out the day before the wedding running errands and welcoming a few family members into town. Then I met the bridesmaids for a little manicure/pedicure therapy. I scurried over the hotel after that to check in and resisted the urge to take a nap. I ordered room service and had a burger – yes, a burger! – for a late lunch. Then I got dressed for the rehearsal and it was a blur after that!
One of the most memorable parts of the rehearsal was when Courtney was pulled out of the audience and turned into the impromptu wedding coordinator. Bless her for doing the timing because we had gone back and forth for a while with our minister trying to decide if we needed a coordinator. Being an event savvy person, I think we would’ve been OK without but I was fine with making everyone comfortable.
The rehearsal dinner went well and there were fabulous speeches. I think everyone really enjoyed themselves.
After that, us girls went back to the hotel and enjoyed champagne (Caitlin had a Pepsi) and my sweet bridesmaids had a whole stress relief package for me. They were totally amazing. I have to admit, through the whole thing, I wasn’t ever really stressed. I think if you’re organized you totally avoid that side of a wedding.
The day of we got to sleep in a little, order a fabulous room service breakfast and got ready for hair and makeup. We spent the day chilling out in our suite. I was definitely nervous – a wedding is totally different from getting up in front of people and giving a speech. Little Jason paid us a visit – he was the only boy allowed.
Then, around 3 p.m. it went from leisurely to a blur. I threw on my dress and ran out the door. Ashleigh was a wonderful maid of honor and secured a real mink coat for me to wear. I had not anticipated 13 degree weather on the day of my wedding. It just doesn’t ever happen in Texas…in fact, it hadn’t happened since I was born.
We got to the church and did pictures outside. All of the girls froze but I bet the pictures are amazing. The frostbite was so worth it.
The ceremony went by in a blur and don’t remember a lot of it. I do remember our minister saying Robert’s last name wrong. In fact, I was cracking up and trying so hard not to show it. He was able to get the last name right every time we met but on the big day, totally wrong. Robert corrected him in such a smooth way that no one noticed. Just think Pacman…Pac-lib….Pacleb.
The other very memorable part was walking back down the aisle and getting to the end and stopping. We looked at each other and said, “where do we go now?! What do we do?! We didn’t rehearse this part!” So we jumped in the elevator and went downstairs. We were totally frantic down there because no one joined us. Finally Robert ran up the stairs to make sure no one was waiting on us. We laughed so hard about that.
Then the reception. So much fun. We arrived and I almost forgot to bustle my dress. Then Robert accidentally stepped on one of the 12 bustles and broke it. So for most of the night, I had people stepping on my dress, pulling it down further and further. We barely ate a bite of food and tried to talk to everyone. My friend Jen, also a newlywed, gave me great advice at one point in the night. She said, “stop trying to talk to everyone and go dance with your new husband!”
It was so great to see my Baylor girls, my TCU girls and my childhood friends. My family was all there…having a ball. Homecoming will be a must this year as will several trips around the state. We’re so excited for Monica and Clint’s wedding…Nicki and Steve’s wedding. So many happy times are ahead.
One of my favorite moments from the reception was the garter toss. I thought I would hate that part. All of the guys were jumping up and down and my poor 6’5” brother was messing around with the intent of stealing it from someone. Well, the poor guy caught it and was momentarily excited…until he realized that he had caught his SISTER’S garter. That’s when his face turned to sheer panic. I loved that moment. The next day he asked me what he should do with it.
The very end of the night was also a great moment. We walked through sparklers and hopped into a horse and carriage. I’m not a horse and carriage type of person. I’m not a fairy tale type of person. Since our hotel was only a few blocks away, we decided this was the best option. Everyone was worried that it was so cold but it felt GOOD. After dancing and talking all night, we released our stress and enjoyed the 10 minutes it took to get to the hotel just taking everything in.
And that was it…we’re married!
Carnival Breeze Sea Day Fun
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment