It’s been a tough week. A very close family friend went into hospice. She’s battled cancer and many other ailments and won. But she paid a price with restricted mobility, trouble breathing, restricted diet, etc. She was tired of fighting and was ready to pass on. As selfish as one can be when someone close to them is dying, I found myself having a lot of respect for her decision. She was ready and without fear and I have to say, that’s pretty admirable. She passed away late last night.
I was really impressed with the hospice program at Arlington Memorial Hospital. It’s a new concept and it is focused around what the patient wants. They can spend their last days doing what they want, eating what the want, seeing their pets – all without being poked or prodded. They even told us that the brought a woman’s horse down on a freight elevator so she could see it one last time. That’s what I call care.
This weekend was another whirlwind. I am so excited about going on vacation in two weeks because I’ll get to rest!
On Saturday we went to visit Courtney at her place in Plano. She always makes the hour+ drive to see us so we thought we’d go out her way. She lives in a loft at the Shops at Legacy. We went to dinner, saw a couple of live bands, watched a water show and drank wine. A very good Saturday night.
Yesterday I picked up my little sister, spent some time at the hospital, visited my dad and took Caitlin for lunch at Dutch’s. So good. Then we met Stacey, Ashleigh and Russ at Frogberry for some froyo. Yum. Caitlin and I also went to the TCU bookstore, which is amazing, to do a little shopping. I picked up a few beach reads for the vacation and we both got a new pair of shorts. I love that they carry TCU branded Nike running shorts.
We then commenced our Harry Potter marathon to prepare for Wednesday night when we go to see the new movie! Nerds.
And now it’s back to work on a Monday. I definitely woke up at 5 a.m. to make it to Hillsboro for the safety meeting and no one is here. They are in Waco for another meeting. Kind of wish I’d been in the loop on that so I could’ve slept a little later. Oh well. That’s a Monday for you!
Carnival Breeze Sea Day Fun
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment