Sunday, March 1, 2009

Working for the weekend...

It's been a while. As always, things have been a little crazy. Last Friday Stacey, Russ, Ashleigh, Bill, Robert and I went to La Familia for dinner for my birthday. Flaming margaritas AND fajitas? I'm in. They even made me wear a sombrero and I got a birthday song. Good times.

Saturday night was Sprinkles night. It's a tradition that Stacey, Ashleigh and I have. This time it was at my house so I made jerk pork tenderloin, coconut rice and stir fried veggies. You have to go with something healthy if you're going to indulge in Sprinkles cupcakes!




They put together the most awesome birthday present - 26 different things. Now I have a ton of stuff to have fun with. I have something new to play with every day. Genius.

I also took the opportunity to ask them BOTH to be my maid of honor (or matron of honor in Stacey's case). I wanted to ask them in a semi-creative way so I handmade cards and got them both bouquets. It was hilarious when they opened the cards at the same time - I think there was a brief moment of panic in both of their faces wondering "oh no...did she get the same thing or did she get guestbook attendant???" Needless to say, they both said "yes!" Stacey has a cute "family picture" of us that I'll post another time.

On Sunday Elisha, Courtney and I went to see He's Just Not That into You downtown and met the guys for sushi at Pirhana's. Yum again. We had more late night Sprinkles and black and white cookies.

Now on to this weekend....

(I love weekends!!)

On Friday my mom, sister and I went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic at the Movie Tavern. My mom gave me my birthday present - tickets to Jimmy Buffett! Fins to the left, fins to the right...

My little sister came home with me and spent the night. She loves our Lego Indiana Jones game and playing with Jack. I got a new Chanel nail color and painted her nails blue satin. She's so trendy and fun to hang with.

Last night was dinner (party!) at the Burys. Elisha mad e grown-up grilled cheese and La Madeline's tomato soup. She also made these amazing peanut butter cup cookies...to die for. Again, I took the opportunity to ask her to be a bridesmaid with a handmade card and bouquet and of course she said yes! The Burys are so special to us and Kevin is going to be one of Robert's best men.

Becky brought baby Andrew and everyone had a turn holding him. He slept through nearly the entire night, including a rousing game of Last Word. And when I say rousing, I mean loud.

Robert and I don't believe the groundhog. It's spring in Texas. Sure, it might be 55 degrees today but we enjoyed an entire week of 85+ temps. The trees are budding, the flowers are blooming...now all we need are a few days of severe weather and we're there. Our experiment with tulips in our yard was a success. Because of our very rocky soil, it's hard to grow much of anything but the bulbs bloomed perfectly. I can't wait until next year, I'm planning to put in nearly a hundred bulbs in the bed. Red tulips have a special place in my heart because they are a fond memory. My mom used to plant them when we lived in Tulsa. I can remember them poking out of the snow and just being beautiful. Spring gardening is just a few weeks away!

No comments: