It seems like I've started a Sunday posting trend. I'll try to keep it up. It's nice to review the past week and think about the week ahead.
This week was full of rain. I'm not loving our soil because it's full of sand, clay, rocks and all kinds of stuff that isn't great for absorbing the wet stuff. I'll get over it though because my plants are starting to thrive. Jack, on the other hand, has turned into a diva when it is raining. He doesn't like to get his little paws wet. That's pretty unusual considering he loves to jump into a nice pool of water.

I spent most of the week on the road visiting my cities and next week is not going to slow down. Tomorrow is my only "office" day. Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be in Austin and Thursday through Sunday will be spent in Surprise, AZ soaking up the sun. (and taking my little sister to a little thing called Spring Training)
My little sister is a huge baseball fan. She can tell you any stat on MLB players and her favorite team is the Rangers (second favorite is the Devil Rays - because Tampa is our second home - and the Astros also make the top of her list). For Christmas I decided to get her a trip to spring training. In January, my mom lost a close friend and decided to join us. Life is too short to miss out on time with your daughters!
So I've bought the best tickets to four different games, reserved a hotel room and rental car and we'll be on our way to a lot of fun early Thursday morning. So excited.
Robert is on spring break this week, which means he'll be working ahead on school stuff and then working on a few non-work/school related projects - buying his new Camry and hanging out with his brother Greg who is in town from Tennessee.
Wow - I really jumped ahead there! I need to reverse back to Friday.
My baby brother turned 25 yesterday! We celebrated with dinner at Mac's on Friday. You have to love dinner at Mac's.
On Saturday, my mom, sister, Ashleigh and I went wedding dress shopping at Patsy's in Dallas. My mom found her dress there 10 years ago when she married my step-dad and we knew it would be a great place to look. I tried on six different dresses and I found the one! It's not what I expected but it's definitely beautiful. We're going to order it in a few weeks and it will take about four months to arrive. It's by La Sposa - a designer I really like. My second favorite dress was by them as well. After that, we headed over to CPK for lunch and picked up Sprinkles for dessert. Can't miss Sprinkles when we're in Dallas.
Yesterday evening my sister and I went to see Race to Witch Mountain. Really cute movie. I'm so happy that I have a good excuse to see movies aimed at kids/young adults/families and a good excuse to spend more time with Caitlin.
Today was family picture day with Robert's family. It was fun to see three grown brothers posing for a picture together. I'll post when we get them in.
Speaking of family pictures....here are a few from our last Sprinkles night.


Ashleigh and I enjoying mango/strawberry margaritas and our "family" picture. Jack immediately jumped onto the couch when we sat down for this one. Molly followed when Stacey sat down. My dogs are too photo-trained.


No comments:
Post a Comment